There are many benefits to investing offshore with an IRA. It allows you to diversify your portfolio and can protect you from the risk of putting all your (nest) eggs in one basket (i.e., the U.S. economy) because the investment isn’t linked to the U.S. dollar or markets. In addition, many foreign real estate investments have lower investment minimums and management costs which can help you maximize your IRA funds.
But before you move forward with this strategy, there are things to consider such as performing the proper due diligence and educating yourself not only on the tax laws in the United States, but the tax implications, and transaction process in the country where you are investing.
That’s why we brought in an expert from Lifeafar to discuss offshore investing in Puerto Rico and Colombia. In this replay with The Entrust Group’s Business Development Manager, Bill Neville and Lifeafar’s Director of Sales, Adrian Beales, and Senior Associate, Ankita Jain, they explore:
- Why Puerto Rico and Colombia present investment opportunities
- The tax and opportunity zone incentives
- Adrian and Ankita's takeaways from investing overseas
Date: September 23rd, 2020
Duration: 75 Minutes
- Bill Neville, Business Development Manager at The Entrust Group
- Adrian Beales, Director of Sales at LifeAfar
- Ankita Jain, Senior Associate at LifeAfar
Presentation Deck: View or download the PDF here
Presentation Audio: Stream or download the mp3 here
We host monthly webinars on a variety of topics. Check out our event page to learn about upcoming event.