Unlike a mutual fund, ETF, or paperbacked IRA, a self-directed IRA through Entrust gives clients the flexibility of investing in physical precious metals - including gold, silver, platinum and palladium coins and/or bullion. Click here for a list of popular IRA-allowed bars and/or coins.
The coins or bars are purchased through a precious metals dealer of your choice and stored at a nationally recognized depository.
When purchasing physical metal and storing it domestically, it is important to understand the key parties involved:
- The IRA custodian/administrator
- The precious metals dealer
- The depository (Click here for a list of your domestic depository options)
Learn more about the three parties involved.
Some of the key advantages of purchasing and storing your IRA owned metals domestically are:
- Same day funding on all new purchases
- Low annual storage and administration fees
- Ability to hold coins, as well as bullion bars
- Ability to take physical delivery of the IRA assets as a distribution
Contact one of our dedicated precious metals representatives to learn more about purchasing and storing your physical metal internationally. International storage options are available in Zurich, London, Toronto, and Hong Kong.