Effective Date: March 11, 2020
Last Updated: March 11, 2020
1. Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we collect and process the following types of information:
a. Personal Information
When you create a user profile on our Site, you may be asked to provide, and we will collect, certain types of Personal Information, which may include your first and last names, e-mail address, zip code, birth month and year, credit card number, and a photo identification. You will also be asked to generate a password as part of your login credentials. Other Services offered on the Site may require additional types of Personal Information. You are not required to use these Services, but your use of these Services may depend on your provision of additional Personal Information.
If you provide Personal Information through our Services, we may aggregate that Information with other active Information, unless we specify otherwise at the point of collection.
b. Non-Personal Information
We collect information about your use of our Services, including, but not limited to, your Internet connections, computer equipment, web browsers, sites visited before using or accessing our Site, sites visited after leaving our Site, and other similar information about traffic and usage, as you navigate to, through, and away from our Site. This is called “Non-Personal Information,” because it does not identify you, but provides insights to us regarding your use of the Services. Because Non-Personal Information cannot identify you or be tied to you in any way, there are no restrictions on the ways that we can use or share Non-Personal information.
We collect Log Data through our Site. Log Data refers to certain information about how a user (including both profile holders and non-profile holders) uses our Services, and may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our Services to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a user clicked on, and other statistics.
c. Third-Party Information
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
2. Use of Information
We use Non-Personal Information collected by Cookies and Web Beacons to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through our Site, and otherwise help administer and improve the Services.
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information, for any lawful business purpose. Where you provide registration information, cookies can also be used to identify you when you log onto the Services or portions of the Services. Except as otherwise stated, we may use information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including but not limited to:
- to establish profiles to use the Services, to check on your profile status and maintain record of activities in connection with your use of the Site, and to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials;
- to respond to your requests, questions, or comments and to provide user support;
- to provide you with services or products that you have requested, or to process any commercial transaction;
- to send you e-mail and postal mail supplying you with the most recent service information or to send you information about your order (e.g., order confirmations, shipment notifications, etc.);
- to send you a welcome e-mail after you create a profile, when you sign up for our e-mail list, or when you download content or webinars, to communicate information and promotional materials to you (where you have not expressed a preference otherwise);
- to customize the Services to your preferences;
- to evaluate and improve the content of our Services and to conduct aggregate analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performances of our Services;
- to notify you of any changes to relevant agreements or policies, and to enforce our agreements, terms, conditions, and policies;
- to prevent or investigate fraud (or for risk management purposes), or to comply with a legal obligation, court order, or in order to exercise our legal claims or to defend against legal claims;
- to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes;
- for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you (please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent to such use at any time by contacting us via the contact information at the bottom of this page).
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link available at the bottom of all emails.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and our Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
3. How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent Personal Information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We do have relationships with trusted third parties, but we will not share any Personal Information that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform) and have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf (“Service Providers”). We may also share your Personal Information with other third parties to help facilitate the Services. While we may seek to limit these third parties’ use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information, we may not have contracts mandating such measures in place with all of our third parties. A complete list of third parties that may have access to users’ Personal Information is available upon verified request;
- Authorized third parties, who are parties directly authorized by you to receive the applicable Information, such as when you authorize a third-party application provider to access your profile or choose to complete a transaction on or through features on the Services, in which case we may forward your information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification;
- Third parties advertising on our Services, so that such third-party advertisers can serve advertisements to you that meet your needs or match your interests;
- We may share aggregated, de-identified Information with our sponsors and business partners to inform them of how many users viewed and interacted with their materials; this information does not identify any individual or corporate entity;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable statute, regulation, or other law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect and enforce our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; and (vi) to respond to requests or other valid legal process from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your explicit approval prior to the disclosure.
4. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted connections (HTTPS) to the website(s) on our Services, secure multi-tiered firewalls, and portions of your data may also be encrypted on our storage server for additional security, secure cloud-based environments and uses server authentication and industry-standard firewalls in an effort to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We also require unique profile identifiers, usernames, and passwords that must be entered each time users access the Site, or use of secure password credentials to an authorized third party portal.
For transactions on our Site, we only work with credit card processors who maintain ongoing PCI compliance and adhere to stringent industry standards for storing, processing and transmitting credit card information online.
Nonetheless, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through any of our Services. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us or that are otherwise provided to us and we cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information, or other information, is at your own risk. By using our Services, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, if you become aware of any unauthorized use of a profile, loss of your profile credentials, or if you suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach only if and to the extent required under applicable law.
5. Information Transfer and Hosting
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States. If you use our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that the information you provide to us is transmitted to, processed, and stored in the United States.
6. Information Retention
Please note that we do retain Non-Personal Information, including aggregated, de-identified data for the purposes described in the section above titled “How We Use Information.”
7. Third-Party Services; Links to Third-Party Sites; Third-Party Tracking
8. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s). Moreover, our products are not designed for or directed to children under the age of eighteen (18). It is our policy that children under the age of eighteen (18) should not utilize our Services, Site, or products.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to email@example.com.
11. How to Contact Us
Regular Mail: The Entrust Group
555 12th Street, Suite 900
Oakland, CA 94607
Please be assured that any Personal Information that you provide in communications to us will not be used to send you promotional materials unless you so request.