Don't let your current IRA provider hold you back!
Transferring an IRA from another provider is tax-free and easy. We are here to help you every step of the way. Whether you are frustrated with your current provider, paying too much in fees, or want more investment freedom, an Entrust Self-Directed IRA is the answer you’re looking for.
How to transfer your IRA to The Entrust Group
Step 1 - Contact your current custodian
Contact your current custodian regarding the transfer of your IRA to Entrust. Be sure to get the answers to the following questions:
- Does the custodian require an original Transfer Form?
- Do they need the form mailed or faxed?
- Do they need a medallion?
- If so, do they need an original medallion, or would a clear copy of the medallion suffice?
Let your custodian know the exact dollar amount you are transferring to Entrust (if transferring cash, ensure the amount requested is liquidated and available).
Request a complete statement (no older than 6 months) from your current custodian that includes your name, the custodian’s name, and the account number and type.
Step 2 - Fill out an Account Transfer Form
Option 1: Completing the Account Transfer Form using the Entrust Client Portal
- Go to the “Transactions” tab in the Entrust Client Portal and click on “Fund Account” on the left side of the screen, then select “Transfer.”
- Fill out the Account Transfer Form, click “submit,” and print the PDF.
- Submit the Account Transfer Form via mail, email, or fax to Entrust with all required documentation including your complete statement.
Option 2: Completing the Account Transfer Form via paper (for those whose custodians require an original copy)
- Download the Entrust Account Transfer Form here.
- Follow instructions on the first page of the transfer form – submit the form to Entrust per custodian’s requirements including your complete statement.
Please send your documents to:
Mail: The Entrust Group, 555 12th Street, Suite 900, Oakland, CA 94607
Fax: Please write "Attention Transfers" on cover page and fax to (510) 587-0960
Email: Transfers@TheEntrustGroup.com (only submit via email if permitted by your custodian)
Once we receive your completed form, we will submit it to your current custodian within 2-3 business days. You will be sent a confirmation email upon submission.
You will be notified via email upon completion of the transfer.
If you have not heard from us within 7-10 business days, please contact your custodian for an update regarding your transfer request.
Step 3 - Select investments for your Entrust Self-Directed IRA
Start by choosing your first alternative investment. See your options here.
Contact your Entrust Business Development Manager (BDM) for instructions on next steps.
Related Articles and Links
- How to Directly Rollover a 401(k) to a Self-Directed IRA
- The Difference Between Transfers & Rollovers
- IRS Rollover Chart (PDF)