The Entrust Group Announces ‘The Power to Invest’ Workshop Speakers
Among named speakers is former senior SEC official Nicolas Morgan
September 25, 2012 - The Entrust Group, the industry leader of administrative services for self-directed savings and retirement accounts, has announced today the speakers for its “The Power to Invest: Due Diligence & Private Placements Workshop,” set for October 18, 2012 at the Courtyard Marriott in Marina Del Rey, CA.
Confirmed speakers for the workshop include:Nicolas Morgan, Partner, DLA Piper
Mr. Morgan practices complex securities litigation in state and federal courts with special emphasis in representing issuers, officers and directors, investment funds, analysts, and brokers in connection with Securities and Exchange Commission and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority investigations, litigation, and arbitration. From 1998 to 2005, Mr. Morgan prosecuted securities fraud in the SEC’s Enforcement Division, rising from staff attorney to branch chief to senior trial counsel.
He will discuss how investors can be their own SEC Investigator, as well as:
Jay Turo, Co-founder and CEO, Growthink
- What investors need to understand and information they should seek
- How to evaluate the information received and its accuracy
- How to monitor the company invested in, post-purchase
- Real world case example and lessons learned
- Additional comments on how the JOBS Act will impact securities offerings
Mr. Turo has led Growthink's emergence as one of the nation's largest strategic advisory and investment banking firms focused on the entrepreneurial marketplace. In his 12 years at Growthink, he has advised dozens of emerging, middle market, and corporate clients regarding their growth and capital formation strategies, including Deutsche Bank, McKesson, Infospace, Samsung, Porsche, and Paramount Pictures.
He will discuss private placements in depth, including:
Ryan Rippy, Business Development Manager, The Entrust Group
- How to find private placement investment opportunities
- Who is eligible to invest in private placements
- How they are purchased / sold; explanation of the secondary market options and possible exit strategies
- How the JOBS Act impacts securities offerings
Mr. Rippy has been involved in the financial/real estate industry for over a decade. Before becoming Business Development Manager for Entrust’s Orange County office, he was a Director of Business Development for a franchise of The Entrust Group, as well as a Licensed Mortgage Broker and business owner specializing in real estate development and investments.
He will provide insights on the basics of self-directed IRAs, such as:
- How a self-directed IRA gives investors the ability to use their retirement funds to invest in a variety of different alternative investments, like private placements
- Overview of IRS rules and regulations, such as prohibited transactions and disqualified persons
- What is a private placement
- Examples of private placement investments in an IRA
Attendees will also hear from Hubert Bromma, Founder and CEO of The Entrust Group
, who is a well-recognized educator and pioneer on the diversification of assets in tax-free and tax-deferred environments. Since 1967, he has had a long and distinguished career in banking, financial institution consulting, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate investing.
The workshop will include a Q&A panel, as well as an hour of networking, with the speakers.
The Entrust Group is proud to offer “The Power to Invest: Due Diligence & Private Placements Workshop” in an effort to help investors learn through education on how to protect themselves from falling victim to fraud, Ponzi schemes, and scams.